Currently Senior Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon and In charge of Academics and Director of Cardiovascular Surgical Research at STAR Hospitals, Road No.10, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, (since May, 2008).
- Head of the DNB Program for Cardiothoracic Surgery (2011-2013) and Currently DNB Faculty at STAR Hospitals, Road No.10, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034.
- Head of the DNB Program in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery at CARE Hospital, The Institute of Medical Sciences, Road No.1, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034 (2005-2008).
- Senior Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon at CARE Hospital, The Institute of Medical Sciences, Road No.1, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034 from January 2001 to April 2008.
- Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Medwin Hospitals, R.R. Towers, Chirag Ali Lane, Hyderabad - 500001. (Mar, 2000 to Jan, 2001).
- Consultant Cardiac Surgeon at Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, Madras Medical Mission, Chennai-600050. (Nov, 1999 to Feb, 2000).
- Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon at Citi Cardiac Research Centre, Vijayawada, A.P., INDIA (April 1996 to October 1999).
- Consultant Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgeon at Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad, A.P., INDIA (March, 1993 to March 1996).
- Fellow for one year in Cardiovascular Surgery under Prof. Denton A. Cooley at Texas Heart Institute, Houston, Texas, U.S.A. (Jan, 1992 to Dec, 1992).
- Junior Consultant Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon at Apollo Hospital Hyderabad, A.P.,INDIA (Sept, 1991 to Nov. 1991).
- Senior Registrar in the Department of Cardiothoracic surgery at Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad. A.P., INDIA. (February, 1990 to August, 1991).
- Senior Resident in the Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. (January, 1986 to January 1990).
- Senior Resident in the Department of Cardiothoracic surgery at JIPMER, Pondicherry, India (August, 1986 to December, 1986).
- Senior Resident in the Department of surgery at Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (Jipmer) Pondicherry, India (April 1986 to July 1986).
- Junior Resident in the Department of surgery at Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry for three years (May, 1983 to March 1986).
- First Year Resident in the Department of surgery at Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, (July, 1981 to June, 1982).
- He Presented contemporary trend in coronary artery Surgery in india at the old congress on cardia sciences in 2018
- The Study was presented at Annual meeting of the American for Phoracic Surgery at SanDiego in April-2008
- PROMOTE Patency- Prospective Randomized comparison of Off-pump and On-pump Multivessel cOronary artery bypass surgery To Evaluate outcomes and graft patency . The study was conducted at 6 centers in India (Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nadiad, Coimbatore) a total of 320 patients were enrolled.
- Dr. Sajja delivered a lecture in Dr. C Sambasiva Rao Memorial Endowment CME program on “Recent advances in Cardiac Surgery” at Guntur Medical College , Guntur on 28.Feb.2016.
- Lokeswara Rao Sajja. Bilateral internal thoracic artery grafting in India - time to raise the bar. Presented at American Association for Thoracic Surgery International Coronary Congress held at New York, USA. August 21-23,2015.
- Lokeswara Rao Sajja, Gopi Chand Mannam , Rama Chandra Raju Pusapati Ramesh Gudapati, Raghava Raju Penumatsa Jyothsna Guttikonda Sriramulu Sompalli. Analysis of thirty-day outcomes of off-pump versus on-pump coronary artery bypass grafting: a large cohort study. Presented at American Association for Thoracic Surgery International Coronary Congress held at New York, USA. August 21-23,2015.
- Sajja LR, Strategies to reduce deep sternal wound infection after bilateral internal mammary artery grafting. Int J Surg. 2015;16: 171-178.
- Lokeswara Rao Sajja. “The Journey of Surgery for Coronary Artery Disease in India: Adoption, Customization and Innovation”. Sadasivan Oration. Indian J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014; 30:116-128.