* Introduction of New Heart Surgery
*He is the Founder-President of the Society of Coronary Surgeons, which was inaugurated virtually by His Excellency Honorable Vice-President of India Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu Ji in December 2020.
* He is elected as the Junior Vice-President of IACTS during the 67th Annual Conference of the Indian Association of Cardiovascular-Thoracic Surgeons (IACTS) held between 26 and 28th Feb 2021. He shall be installed as the President of IACTS in 2023.
* Promote Patency Trial; the first multi-centric Randomized Controlled trial conducted in Cardiac Surgery in India by seven Cardiac Surgeons under the leadership of Dr. Lokeswara Rao Sajja was published in the Indian Journal of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery was selected for the Best Original Article 2020 award during the 67th Annual Conference of IACTS.
* Dr. Sajja is one of the Authors of a paper published from the Arterial Revascularization Trial, one of the largest and longest followed-up multi-national RCT in Cardiac Surgery, -Ten-year outcomes after off-pump versus on-pump coronary artery bypass grafting: Insights from the Arterial Revascularization Trial, was published in The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery-2020.
* He Presented contemporary trends in coronary artery surgery in India at the old Congress on cardia sciences in 2018
* The study was presented at the Annual Meeting of the American for Thoracic Surgery at SanDiego in April-2008
* PROMOTE Patency- Prospective Randomized comparison of Off-pump and On-pump Multivessel cOronary artery bypass surgery To Evaluate outcomes and graft patency. The study was conducted at 6 centers in India (Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nadiad, Coimbatore) a total of 320 patients were enrolled.
* Dr. Sajja delivered a lecture in Dr. C Sambasiva Rao Memorial Endowment CME program on “Recent advances in Cardiac Surgery” at Guntur Medical College, Guntur on 28.Feb.2016.
* Lokeswara Rao Sajja. Bilateral internal thoracic artery grafting in India - time to raise the bar. Presented at American Association for Thoracic Surgery International Coronary Congress held in New York, USA. August 21-23,2015.
* Lokeswara Rao Sajja, Gopi Chand Mannam , Rama Chandra Raju Pusapati Ramesh Gudapati, Raghava Raju Penumatsa Jyothsna Guttikonda Sriramulu Sompalli. Analysis of thirty-day outcomes of off-pump versus on-pump coronary artery bypass grafting: a large cohort study. Presented at American Association for Thoracic Surgery International Coronary Congress held in New York, USA. August 21-23,2015.
* Sajja LR, Strategies to reduce deep sternal wound infection after bilateral internal mammary artery grafting. Int J Surg. 2015;16: 171-178.
* Lokeswara Rao Sajja. “The Journey of Surgery for Coronary Artery Disease in India: Adoption, Customization and Innovation”. Sadasivan Oration. Indian J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014; 30:116-128.
Healthy Heart Ride 2014 - KBR Park Hyderabad
Lokeswara Rao Sajja. The journey of surgery for coronary artery disease in India: adoption, customization and innovation. Sadasivan Oration of Indian Association of Cardiovascular –Thoracic Surgeons June 2014, Volume 30, Issue 2, pp 116-128
Rare honor for city surgeon Bypass surgery breakthrough assures long-term survival